Recipe of the Month
Ingredients For Cake:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar(for dusting towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cu granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp LorAnn Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion
Ingredients For Filling:
- 1 - 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 5 tbsp butter, softened but still cold
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp LorAnn Butter Vanilla Bakery Emulsion
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
Directions To Make Cake
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a 10” x 15” jelly roll pan.
- Line pan with wax or parchment paper and grease and flour the paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar together with an electric mixer until thick and pale yellow, about 2 min.; add emulsion and canned pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake 12 - 15 min. or until cake springs back when touched.
- While cake is baking, prepare towel.
- Lay a thin kitchen towel on the counter and dust evenly with the powdered sugar.
- When cake is done, immediately invert onto kitchen towel and peel off wax paper.
- Starting at the shorter end of the towel, gently and loosely roll the cake inside of the towel (towel will be wrapped up inside the cake roll).
- Move to a rack and cool for about 1 hour.
Directions To Make Filling
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and beat until well mixed.
- When cake is cool, unroll from towel and spread the cream cheese filling over the cake up to the edges.
- Re-roll cake and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm the filling.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving and slice crosswise into pieces.